Join us for Rec Summer Camp 2022!
All Hopkinton resident campers age 6 years (or have completed Kindergarten) -11 years old are invited to participate.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT DAILY ACTIVITIES & LOCATIONS:
We will be using HMS as the base camp. We plan to do a lot of walking and hiking throughout the week on the Greenway Trail, to Kimball Cabins and to Kimball Pond. Your child should be prepared each day to hike, swim, play, etc. with all the necessary items they might need in their backpack.
KIMBALL POND BEACH DAY
We will walk to Kimball Pond on Mondays and Fridays unless weather dictates a change in day.
HMS & CABIN ACTIVITIES
Campers will participate in arts & craft activities, games, playing on the playground and other special activities on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Campers will travel by bus to off-site field trip locations on Wednesdays. Some field trips will required signed waivers by parents for their child to participate.
Fees & Scholarships:
Fees are set on a per week basis. There are no discounts or reduced rates for campers who attend less days. If you need scholarship assistance, please contact the Human Services Department at email@example.com . Scholarship requests need to be made well in advance of the start of camp.
Registrations MUST be made in advance by close of business (4:30pm) the Thursday before the week your child is to attend. Walk-in campers will not be accepted. Payment is required at the time of making your online reservation. In certain circumstances and with advanced notice, the Recreation Department can assist you in setting up a payment plan. You will need to contact the Recreation Office at 746-8263 to assist in confirming your online reservation and arranging those plans.
If the week if full, please register on the wait list.
Weekly fees paid may be transferred if there is a need to switch weeks. Please contact the Recreation Dept. by phone or email immediately if this need arises. This MUST be done before the camper attends by Thursday before the needed week.
A full refund will be given if the Department receives notice at least two weeks prior to the event that the participant will not be attending. A 25% fee (from the total registration amount) will be assessed if the participant does not give two weeks' notice. There will be no refund given on the day of the event or any-time thereafter.
Immunization Records and most recent Physical must be submitted before your child can attend camp. Please drop off at the Town Hall or Slusser Center (Rec. Office) or mail to: Recreation Dept., 330 Main Street, Hopkinton, NH 03229. Please note that in most cases, this takes time to obtain. Please DO NOT wait until the last minute!
What Should Kids Bring To Camp?
1. Please remember to pack a lunch, 2 snacks, and drinks/water for your camper every day. Please use a cooler with ice packs as there is no refrigerator available.
2. Please pack a bathing suit and towel for your camper every day. (There are beach visits as well as games/activities that involve getting wet!) Also, the camp staff cannot apply sunscreen to campers. This should be done in advance at home and sending them with protective spray is advised. Hats and swimming shirts are a fantastic idea!
3. Please pack sunscreen & bug spray to be used as needed by your camper throughout the week.
4. Campers must wear sneakers to camp each day. Some programs will be held outside even if it is a light rain so packing a raincoat is a good idea.
5. Please leave all electronics at home.